Being a pediatric dentist is a dream come true! I get to wear many hats as a pediatric dentist: a skilled clinician, an educator, an advocate, and a cheerleader!
My job is the best thing in the world, since I get to help kids every day. They bring a smile to my face; it’s true that kids say the darndest things! Kids are also so resilient, and I love helping children learn and grow to be amazing patients. Plus, little children's high-fives are the best! I feel blessed to have the opportunity to help children realize they are important, they are capable, and they can accomplish more than they even realized!
Education and Continual Learning
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Minor in Chemistry – Wake Forest University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Master of Science and Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Adams School of Dentistry
I am a perpetual learner, and staying current in technology and methodology is essential in the practice of pediatric dentistry. I want to treat my patients with the most current, evidence-based best practices, and continuing my education allows me to take care of my patients the way I would take care of my own children. I am thankful to be a part of a practice that emphasizes these same values!
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Association of Women Dentists
Outside the Office
I was born in Wilmington, Delaware, and I have lived in Garner, North Carolina, since 2008. My husband Mike and I have been blessed with three children, Elijah, Jackson, and Abigail, who keep us busy laughing!
When I'm not working as a pediatric dentist, I can be found hanging out with my beautiful family outside or in the kitchen! I do love to bake!