Gentry Byrd, DDS MPH
Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
I feel great privilege to surround myself with children and teenagers day-in and day-out, and manage their growing smiles alongside wonderful team members at CPD. My job is truly inspiring! It is rewarding to build relationships with patients and help them overcome their dental fears, setting them up for a lifetime of positive oral health experiences. As a pediatric dentist with a public health background, I am passionate about infant oral health and seizing the earliest opportunities to prevent future oral health problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree - University of North Carolina
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery - University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
- Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry - University of North Carolina
- Master of Public Health and Nutrition - University of North Carolina
I have wonderful memories of my childhood pediatric dentist, who happened to be my aunt! Her enthusiasm for pediatric dentistry was contagious and I ended up following in her footsteps. Along the way, my time spent volunteering in public health dentistry also furthered my desire to serve the upcoming generation and promote preventive dentistry for a lifetime of oral health.
I grew up in eastern North Carolina and received my undergraduate degree with highest honors from the University of North Carolina. I earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery, graduating with distinction from the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honors Society. I completed my certificate in pediatric dentistry and Master of Public Health in Nutrition at the University of North Carolina.
Continuing education is an important component of professional growth, and I am committed to striving for excellence and maintaining evidence-based practice of pediatric dentistry.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Association for Dental Research
- International Association for Dental Research
Outside the Office
The Tar Heel State has always been home, and I am ecstatic to be a part of the Raleigh community. My husband and high school sweetheart Warren and I have a dog Bosco. I enjoy being an Aunt to my baby niece and four-year-old nephew!
Outside of work, I enjoy playing tennis, being outdoors with Bosco, and spending time with family and friends. I am also an accomplished violinist and have performed across the state, including as a guest soloist with the North Carolina Symphony.