Gentry Byrd, DDS MPH
Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
I feel great privilege to surround myself with children and teenagers day-in and day-out, and manage their growing smiles alongside wonderful team members at CPD. My job is ever-inspiring! It is rewarding to build relationships with patients and help them overcome their dental fears, setting them up for a lifetime of positive oral health experiences. As a pediatric dentist with a public health background, I am passionate about infant oral health and seizing the earliest opportunities to prevent future oral health problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree - University of North Carolina
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery - University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry
- Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry - University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry
- Master of Public Health in Nutrition - University of North Carolina Gillings School of Global Public Health
I have wonderful memories of my childhood pediatric dentist, who happened to be my aunt! Her enthusiasm for pediatric dentistry was contagious and I ended up following in her footsteps. Along the way, my time spent volunteering in public health dentistry also furthered my desire to serve the upcoming generation and promote preventive dentistry for lifelong oral health.
I grew up in eastern North Carolina and received my undergraduate degree with highest honors from the University of North Carolina. I earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery, graduating with distinction from the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honors Society. I completed my certificate in pediatric dentistry and Master of Public Health in Nutrition at the University of North Carolina.
Continuing education is an important component of professional growth, and I am committed to striving for excellence and maintaining my evidence-based practice of pediatric dentistry.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Association for Dental Research
- International Association for Dental Research
Outside the Office
The Tar Heel State has always been home, and I love being a part of the Raleigh community. My husband and high school sweetheart Warren practices general dentistry just south of Raleigh. We have a dog Bosco that likes to take us for long walks! On the weekend you may find me playing tennis, exploring downtown Raleigh, or teaching Sunday school at my church. I am an accomplished violinist and have performed across the state, including as a guest soloist with the North Carolina Symphony. My love for working with kids originated from teaching young children Suzuki violin for many years! I love spending time with friends and family, especially my baby niece and four-year-old nephew.