Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate the challenges of COVID-19!
Please remember that our protocols are in place to ensure the safety of you, your family, our staff, and the Raleigh community at large.
WE ARE OPEN, MASKED AND SOCIALLY DISTANCED
As of April 2021, our parent reception areas at each location are open. However, these spaces will continue to be socially-distanced and limited to one parent/guardian only during a child’s appointment. A face covering or mask is mandatory for individuals ages 5 and up.
All parents/guardians are HIGHLY encouraged to wait in the comfort of your car (hello, free time!) or in the outdoor area of our offices.
If you must be present with your infant, toddler, or child with special healthcare needs, one parent/guardian may accompany their child in-office.
PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
The following steps will help reduce delays, shorten appointment times, and reduce the risk of transmission.
- Please arrive on time.
- Please return all completed paperwork BEFORE your appointment, if possible:
- Log into your online Patient Portal to electronically submit forms ('My Account' at the top of the homepage)
- For new patients, please call us at 919-570-0180 to set up a new webportal account.
- Print out our English or Spanish Patient Forms and bring them with you at check-in
Please remember to bring your ID/driver's license and insurance card so we can make sure your information is up to date.
When you arrive, we will require the following:
- Face covering/masks for everyone aged 5 and older
- Temperature check
- COVID-19 screening form (English - Spanish)
- Mandatory supervised handwashing upon entry and exit of our offices
Please stay at home if you, your child(ren), or anyone in your household is feeling unwell, or experiencing any symptoms of illness including: fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, lost sense of taste/smell, headaches or unexplained rashes on the hands or feet.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
After check-in, a team member will kindly let you know if the parent reception area is available or if it's best to wait in your vehicle or in the outdoor area of our office. We are happy to provide you with updates throughout your child's visit (but trust that your child is in great hands, as always!).
For safety reasons, we have removed magazines and toys that are not easily sanitized, closed the playhouse, and moved video game modules to be six feet apart.
At the end of your child's visit, a team member will walk out with your child, with paperwork and a summary of your child's appointment.
If you are in your car, a staff member will call you or come find your vehicle to let you know that your appointment is over.
Though interaction with a doctor may be feel limited, please do not hesitate to ask our highly trained staff all of your questions! We are simply aiming to reduce the number of people in one space at any given time.
In-person payment is available at check-out or secure online payments can be made here.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We remain dedicated to the highest standard of child-centered care and appreciate your commitment to safety by adhering to our COVID-19 protocols! We welcome phone calls (919-570-0180) or emails (email@example.com) for questions or concerns.
Carolina Pediatric Dentistry is open in accordance with guidance from regulating bodies:
- NC State Dental Board of Examiners
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
Since opening in 2002, our office has always followed strict infection control standards, including:
- Hospital-grade disinfectants and sterilization procedures.
- Single-use disposables whenever possible.
- In-house laundering of team uniforms and jackets, as well as on-site shoe storage to minimize external germs and allergens.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
- Temperature and COVID-19 symptom screening for any person entering the office.
- Additional PPE such as hats/bonnets, N95 equivalent face masks, and face shields. We get to look more like superheroes now!
- More frequent surface disinfection in common areas.
- Reduction in the number of persons in our office at any one time.
- Minimal overlapping of patients within the office, with all dental chairs and video game module over 6 feet apart, video game modules turned off, and playhouses closed.
As a reminder, our pediatric dentists continue to offer the following:
- Teledentistry consults or remote consultations as indicated for patients of record.
- Urgent/emergent treatment on a daily basis. We believe no child should be in pain.
- Access to a pediatric dentist after hours for dental traumas and emergencies.
- Dental report cards summarizing details of our pediatric dentist’s exam notes and recommendations. This enables caregivers unable to be present in the office the opportunity to be a part of their child’s oral health care at home.