Trang Nguyen, DDS, MS
Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
I love being a pediatric dentist. It amalgamates my two passions: working with children and serving others. I am grateful to have the privilege of caring for children and helping them develop healthy oral habits for a lifetime. It is my goal to meet every child where they are, make them feel comfortable, and provide quality, compassionate care.
One of the most rewarding aspects of being a pediatric dentist is helping children overcome their fears or worries, and to see the pride and sense of accomplishment on their faces at the end of a visit. I also really enjoy getting to know my patients and their families, and watching them grow up with confident, healthy smiles.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree - Duke University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery - University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry
- Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry - Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Master of Science - The Ohio State University School of Dentistry
After graduating with distinction from Duke University, I completed my Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry. I graduated with honors, and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honors Society. After dental school, I moved to Columbus, OH to complete my specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry and obtain my Master of Science in Dentistry. A year later, I became board certified in Pediatric Dentistry.
I am committed to providing the best dental care to our patient families. Integral to that commitment is staying up to date with best practices and scientific dental research. Continuing to learn beyond my training in dental school and residency allows me to stay current with advancements in dental technology, restorative materials, and techniques. Every child is unique in their dental healthcare needs, and I strive to be able to offer the best evidence-based care to help each child achieve a healthy and happy smile.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society
Outside the Office
My husband and I have two spirited young children, and I love spending time with my family when I am not working. I also enjoy traveling, trying out new foods and restaurants, practicing yoga, and crafting.